Information For Tenants
Looking for a rental property?
Prospective tenants will be required to fill out a referencing application form and complete an on-line application with our referencing partners HomeLets.
They will need to provide photographic ID, Immigration/Visa paperwork if requested, and any additional information that may be required depending on individual circumstances, or at the request of our client.
Home Lets will check prospective tenants credit history for adverse records (CCJ’s etc), carry out an affordability assessment for the proposed rental amount and seek references from Employers and Landlords where applicable.
Fees For Tenants
Before You Move In:
- Holding deposit: A refundable holding deposit of 1 weeks’ rent to secure the property.
Please note: The holding deposit will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to Rent check, provide false or misleading information or fail to sign the tenancy agreement within 15 calendar days, or other agreed deadline date as mutually agreed in writing.
- Tenancy deposit: 5 weeks’ rent, which will be held by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. In addition to the above the first months’ rent must be paid in advance of occupation.
During the tenancy:
- Amend a Tenancy Agreement: Up to £50.00, inclusive of VAT, if changes are requested by you
- Late payment of rent: Interest on rent overdue for 14 days or more will be charged at 3% above the Bank of England base rate
- Lost keys/security devices: Reasonable costs incurred to replace lost keys/security devices
- Early termination fee: An amount to reimburse the financial loss suffered by the landlord, or reasonable costs incurred by us, the letting agent. These charges will not exceed the total of the rental charges had the tenancy run to its end.
If you have any queries regarding our fees, please speak to a member of staff.
Priors are a member of the Property Redress Scheme and our Client Money Protection (CMP) is provided by Propertymark. Please refer to the bottom of our website for the CMP certificate and rules.